Child Behavior Expert Forum
Childrens Finger Nails

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Childrens Finger Nails
I recently noticed a small pale red line running side to side on top of my grandson's fingernails. He does not chew his nails and is not aggresive in using his hands while playing. He does not take any vitamins that I know of.
Red lines in the nails can be due to splinter hemorrhages, but those would run in the direction of the nail growth. The would invite medical evaluation. But your decription indicates that the lines run across the nail, not up and down. In any case, this is not an area of expertise for med and should be evaluated by his pediatrician.