Child Behavior Community
Completely disgusted with 11 year old...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Ok, so here's the story... My mom (who works full time with the military) has custody of my 11 year old nephew. My nephew took my iPod and refused to give it back for like 3 months. Well, when I got it back, it was dead...nbd right. I went home and charged it and the next day I went to google something and all his recent searches came up. They were all porn, me... Being pregnant with my 2nd baby started balling then got mad and to the point where I just wanted to throw up from disgust. Then I went to YouTube and in my favourites I had stuff starred for my four year old and all I seen there was "12 year olds on pornhub" and all these censored Disney videos where they had censored the princesses boobs (I didn't watch so idk wth it was actually about).
Anyway, now that you know the back story, do you think 11 is too young for a boy to be so interested in porn???

I'm not saying he was molested or anything but it makes me real nervous cuz it seems too young to me and his life has been so messed up. Idk what to think anymore and it's driving me crazy.
I'm not doing anything about it cuz I dont want to screw up the kid more than he is but I told my mom and she's also at a loss. She's in another state right now for training but when she comes back she is going to talk to his therapist to see what he thinks. But until then... Any advise? I feel really horrible cuz when I look at him I'm completely disgusted.
I don't think an 11 year old is too young to be interested in porn - this is the age where normally developing boys become very curious about naked girls.  

I think maybe pregnancy hormones are making you over react a little here - crying and almost throwing up seems to be a bit of an overreaction here.

Have you asked your husband/boyfriend if he thinks this is unusual behavior in an 11 year old boy?
I agree with RockRose. A boy (or any child) with uncontrolled internet access is not always a great thing. Oh the things they can find out there
I asked my husband & he said he  was around 14 or so. My lil brother said he was around the same age as my nephew. I know for me, i was overreacting. Mostly because i felt violated that he was using my stuff to  do this with.
My mom has already had issues with him "sexting". He met some girl online & i feel like since then, hes been different. Maybe cuz i wanna believe hes still thAt lil boy i used to take care of.
I hope someone is looking further into this "girl he met online." That is the most concerning thing I see in this entire post.
Who's to know it's some "girl" and not a middle-aged male child predator?
Hi Opti,
I dont think your overreacting. To me and 11 year old watching porn shows me the child has not been raised properly and has no spiritual convictions either. For me, i believe there must be some God conscienceness (any God) to grow with proper values. An 11 year old watching porn to me is way out there on the top 10 list of childhood abnormalidies.
I just want to clarify one point. When i was 11 or so i do remember going into a drug store and seeing a playboy for the first time. I was very sexually aroused but my spiritual convictions made me feel quilt as knew it was not healthly for me to be viewing these things and i went on to the ordinary boys life like fishing and sports. In his case no attempt seems to be made at stopping to watch, This is my point.
Why did he have your iPod for so long? He really should have been made to give this back to you when you asked for it. I agree with the others that at 11 it is pretty normal for him to be interested in porn, but he should not have been using something that belonged to you to watch it. I certainly would not let him borrow anything from you again. If he asks why I would say "because you were watching inappropriate things on it."  
Thank you all for your input. And yes, the "girl" he met online my mom has put an end to him talking to although he still says hes gonna run away to be with her. I dont get it. And he has not been raised right or consistant at all. My sister and him have about the same mentality level and when his sister was born, he didnt exist anymore. My mom has had custody for about a yr & half now & has no clue how to deal with him. She tries to be easy on him but i dont think she.realizes it doesnt help. And she honestly is not there enough to have that consistancy. Both his parents treat him like theyre good friends, into the same stuff & all. Its sad
   You might want to try buying the book, "Parenting Teens with Love and Logic" by Cline and Fay.   Its got a good approach to discipline.  Read some of it and then give it to them telling them it might be helpful (it will).