Child Behavior Expert Forum
Concerned about my 8 yr old son

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Concerned about my 8 yr old son

My 8 year old son was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. He is on Vyvance 50mg in the morning and Intuniv 2mg at bedtime. He is known for emptying the shampoo bottles that were completely full, sneaking food,and hiding the garbage in his room. He is very smart. Top of his 2nd grade class. The lying as been outrageous, along with repetitive outbursts of behavior (says he didn't want to do it). Has been having trouble sleeping as well (nightmares). Just today he smeared poop inside the toilet. Didn't wash up after either. Asked him about it and he said," what?". His reason for doing it was: I don't know. I am ready to pull my hair out. PLEASE HELP

Thanks,
Single concerned mom
Your son is displaying emotional and behavioral symptoms that are not typical of ADHD. He should be be receiving outpatient mental health treatment in addition to the medication he is taking for ADHD.