Child Behavior Community
Could my son have a learning problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could my son have a learning problem

My 7 yr old son is having problems in school following directions.  He's not finishing his work and sometimes he doesn't do it.  He brings home his school work from that day and there are x's everywhere from math to phonics.  I work really hard with him and he seems to get it.  He knows his sounds and I've taught him how to do his addition and subtraction problems.  And he's doing excellent in spelling.  He has no social problems.  But he has a huge imagination and when it comes to tv he can recite almost every line.  He does commericials, his cartoons he likes, songs.  Any thing he hears or sees over and over he remembers it!!  I just wonder if he has a learning problem and what can I do to help?
Related Discussions
305552_tn?1201106483
Have you tried making the school work fun for him?
or it may help if you set up a reward board when he brings home good grades....

Some children have problems focusing and staying on task.
Maybe adding that as a reward would help also.

If he can learn songs, commercials and spelling I wouldnt think he has a learing problem. Sounds to me like he may just struggle more in certain fields. He like adults, probably sturggles in subjects that are boring to him or dont intrest him.

IF the reward board doesnt help, try taking 10 minutes at a time from something he does enjoy doing- When my son was younger, Tsking away things would give me the heads up on if there was a problem or not. If he still continues to have problems then he may need a tutor or something.

Good Luck
Just my input :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979