Could she be autistic?
Hello.  My daughter is two and a half years of age.  Since she has been walking (well at 11-12 months) she started to do a "shaking" if you will when she would get excited.  She clinches her fists, and either bites down or keeps her mouth open w/ her eyes wide open w/ a bit of a smile all while her body shakes from being stiffened.  If you say her name while she does this, she looks at you to see what you want and then goes back to her regular activities.  She usually does this when she is "proud" of herself.  It does not interrupt her or anyone else.   I never knew this could be a STIM until reading about Jenny McCarthy and her son Evan.  

My daughter has no other symtoms of autism.  She has always hit her milestones, speaks very well, plays and interacts well at daycare and with adults, knows her abc's, counts to ten, and is very loving and affectionate.  Infact, I would have never thought about autism until this STIM situation was brought to my attention.  

I haven't spoken to my ped about this yet but one thing I can say is that the ped has always said my daughter is right on track.  

Is it possible that she is non-autistic but has STIM?  And, if she does have STIM, what is is from?
I have a child with a asd (autism spectrum disorder).  This does not sound like that behavior.  She responds when you call her name while she is doing this and in fact stops for a moment.  That reaction indicates that she knows what she as doing where an autistic child does not "know" in the conventional sense and it is more involuntary in nature.  I do not know what stim refers to so i can't comment there.
"stim" stands for self-stimulation, this is something that helps a child with autism achieve the level of stimulation that every child needs, but that they miss out on from regular stimulation with outside sources, like peers.  To luvmykids2...I would honestly say that your child may just have a unique way of being excited.  I have seen quite a few children actually do this, it's like an excitement that is coming from within, and it is great.  If your child does not have any of the other symptoms, and I would try looking at the autismspeaks.org website to find more information on exact signs, then I would not worry about this characteristic.
Thank you very much for your replies.  This comforts me.  I myself have always been one who can not contain my excitement.  Hahe.  I have always been very bold and extrovertated and that is what I see in my little girl, and that is beautiful.  
I have a 2.2 yr old and I am also concerned with her behaviour. Whenever she sits on a chair, she will start to tense her body, clench her fists and shake. When I call her name she will instantly look at me and stop what she's doing (go back to normal). It sounds like similar behaviour to your child.
She also has no other problems and has hit all her milestones, she talks fluently and interacts with her 4 other siblings like any other 2yr old.