Cruelty to animals
My son holds a few diagnoses currently. They are ADHD-Combined type; Bipolar; ODD. He is medicated and has been in therpay for years. he has often exhibited behaviors that have opened the door for many more questions. He has been cruel to animals beofre, but this past weekend, he took it to a new level when he went after a groundhog. He threw rocks at it, enough to stun it, and then proceeded to beat it with a stick. It killed the animal. This was witnessed by another adult. He tells stories repeatedly, and it took four stories to get the truth out of him. This only happended after I told him I would call Animal Control and find out.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions? I am truly perplexed as to what to do next.

thanks
a concerned mom
He needs supervision so more innocent animals are not killed like this. It could be the meds so ask the Doctor ..I believe it is a concern as it may progress to other violence ,as you know he is violent to animals it would be a good idea to watch so he cannot do this, I doubt he will undertstand you threatening him to speak to an animal control person,if he is in Therapy ask them about it.  
I would definitely talk to his therapist. Maybe there's something going on that he won't tell anyone about. Could this be a release of anger? Even though it's completely wrong on so many different levels. Does he know or has he been taught how to vent or release his anger properly? I would double check his meds for side effects for sure. It sounds like there may be some changes in him that need to be dealt with by his therapist. Good luck. If you ever want to talk, you are more than welcomed to send me a private message. I too have a child with a number of behavior issues.