Child Behavior Community
DAD NAPPING WITH DAUGHTER

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

DAD NAPPING WITH DAUGHTER

I AM THE MOTHER OF A 2 I/2 YEAR OLD GIRL AND 1 1/2 YR. OLD BOY. YESTERDAY, THEIR DAD WENT INTO MY DAUGHTERS ROOM TO GIVE HER A GOOD MORNING SNUGGLE. HE WAS IN THE ROOM ABOUT 15 MINUTES. WHEN HE CAME OUT OF THE ROOM (I WAS WATCHING THE MORNING NEWS) , HE HAD A VERY LARGE ERECTION. I ASKED HIM IMMEDIATELY WHY HE HAD THE ERECTION AND HE RESPONDED IT WAS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE MORNING. I UNDERSTAND THIS TO BE TRUE BUT IT CONCERNS ME THAT HE WOULD HAVE THIS ERECTION WHILE LYING NEXT TO OUR SMALL DAUGHTER. THERE HAS BEEN NO SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR PRIOR TO THIS.
What concerns me is:
Does this really happen everytime your husband wakes up? As his woman, you'd notice.
If it is what happens in the "Morning" why didnt it go away from the time he left your bedroom into his daughters?
Erections doesnt last that long? What was the time frame?
Was He in the room asleep? Who goes back asleep for only 15min?
What is a goodmorning snuggle?
Does he snuggle his son?

This is a very sensitive yet serious subject.  It is imparitive that you investigate the situation further. How you do it means everything!  Try using a doll to have your daughter explain if anyone.......naming family and friends, including her father (so she doesn't single him out and repeat it to him later.) has touched her, and ask her to touch the doll where she has been touched.  

Unfortunately this is a very serious matter that is becoming more common in families.  If something is hapening, it is imperative that as her mother you get to the bottom of it and fast. It is your job to protect her. If not later on in life she'll blame you! I know.

Goodluck, and dont forget to PRAY.
The situation was complicated. Our daughter has cough/cold had fever etc. and unable to sleep. I brought her into our bed  at around 4 am. Her Dad slept on the couch. I left the room at 7 am. to make coffee, turn on news. He got up and went in to check on her and lay next to her for about fifteen minutes. I was sitting on couch when he came out of the room and I saw the erection and questioned it. His response was "it was a morning erection". Yes , he has an erection in the morning about 50 % of the mornings he wakes up. I do not recall, though, him having one as he went in to check on her....nor do i think if he had one when he went into the room, should he have gotten into the bed. Trust me, I am mad about this and not apt to let anything slide. I want to know if this has happened to anyone and if this was a crazy mishap.  I already questioned my daughter sensitively and I am a stay at home Mom with an eye on my two little ones 24/7. I do not have a problem confronting their Father..I just want to know if this is a true battle at this stage...or if I keep a diligent eye and keep my 2 1/2 close and keep her open to speaking with me.
The real issue is that you need to decide if you trust your husband. Men get erections. It is partly physiological and partly psychological. Men who are in control and not attracted to young children don't act on their erections. Why would you think he'd act on his? Has something happened in the past to make you suspicious?
sounds to me like something in your 'Mom-radar" is telling you somethings not right... you need to listen to that voice always and in all ways...

*bows with respect and apprication*    Jennifer
If you've never had any reason to doubt your husband before, I wonder why you're so quick to think the worst? You yourself said that he gets an erection in the morning. I know that can happen with men, especially before they go to the bathroom. I'd just watch and see if there's any other signs that would worry you. I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.
Why would a man go into his daughter room and bed WITH an erection? I agree with newparent questions. Why did he lay next to her for 15 minutes? was she fussing? or was she asleep?
I would definately check the next time to make sure he has an erection prior to going in with the daughter, how you do this descrectly is beyond me. my husband ALWAYS wakes up with a morning erection but tends to it before interacting with any of the children. Maybe you can suggest that it makes you uncomfortable for him to be in that condition with the girl and if he could go to the bathroom first before "checking" on the little one. If there is nothing wrong and it is all innocent, he will agree and not be upset. Because what grown man wants a little girl seeing a boner? even if by accident.
good luck to you.
Bottom line is that we all would like to think we know everything about the people we have around our children, even the ones we married. However truth is we don't always.
So if you are this aware of something, maybe you should take extra precaution, because if you are thinking this hard on the situation than you know something is creepy.  a mom a gift!
have you ever thought about a nanny cam. hide it in or around something where it can not be seen. it should help you know and have peace of mind and if it turns out to be nothing extreme no one has to know, but you.  personally as a mom, I would.
Agree with Mrs Vain, check it out
You guys know this thread is a year old, right? Not that it's not still important but the original poster may not even be around anymore.
I think it is a useful post for everyone to read. There are trillions concerned about this sort of thing - and many affected by it come to these forums for indirect advice. I wonder if she did do the camera thing. Great idea. All best.