Daughter on adderall
I'm so concerned. My 24 year old daughter takes adderall and has been taking it for 4 years.She has increased her dose to 20mg. She's 5'5 and weighs only 104 pounds. I have tried everything to get her to gain weight. She does it but very little. She honestly thinks she looks good. I think she's addicted to it. She says she cannot focus at work unless she takes it. What can I do.
Mom

This discussion is related to adderall and appetite supression.
You can only advise her to speak to her Doctor and maybe she could try something else less invasive, she may not want to and as she is an adult you can only advise, The weight you have described in your post tells me she needs some help as it doesnt sound enough I think at 5x5 she should be around 120-130- as she seems happy with this you can only advice but it is good you have seen the need to help her.
Is your daughter really ADhD?  It supposedly VERY rare in girls and is one of the most overdiagnosed problems.  Adderal is very addictive and is an amphetamine!
adderall is considered to be one of the most addictable drugs behind the pharmacy counter, it is a schedule II drug and is kept locked in a safe at all times. the dea comes in and checks all the schedule II drugs a certain number of times a year. she could very well be addicted, that is up to her dr to decide. i did a 10 page study of drugs like this and ritalin and the effects it has on children, their body and their brain, it is nothing good to put a young child on. the dr can wean her from it though. at the time that i did this study, medical journals said that ritalin at that time, was the most misdiagnosed drug. that 95% of the WORLDS supply of it was used right here in the U.S. Those drugs are scarey drugs for children, i dont believe people are educated enough about these drugs when prescribed to them or their children.
ITS A PILL THAT MESSES WITH HER TRUE SELF...NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE PILLS FOR ANY TYPE OF EMOTION OR ATTENTION DISORDER...IT'S ALL A BUNCH OF **** WITH ADDICTIVE ADDITIVES...AND THEN THEY WONDER WHY PEOPLE START POPPING PILLS AND SCREWING UP THIER LIVES...GET HER OFF OF THEM!