Child Behavior Community
Daughter pushes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Daughter pushes

Every since my daughter was 3 months old she does a movement with her legs.
She would do it in her high chair, car seat, tables, etc.
We have never done anything about this because it has never been a problem untill now that she is in school, Her teacher is saying that shes not getting her work done because she sits there and pushes,

Its is hard to explain but, she sits there and move her legs back and fourth, very quietly, if you tell her to stop she will, But continues a few minutes later.

I am not sure what kind of doctor to take her to?
I can not find out what this is called or even anything similar on the internet about this?
This might be totally different but I have always(since I can remeber) rocked myself. I never notice I am doing it until some one points it out. My mom says I started it at about two. I've asked a doctor once and he said he didn't know. If some one points it out I'll stop and as long as I am thinking about it I will not start back. I'm 23 and it still hasn't stopped.
Two possibilities spring to mind.  First this could be "self stimulatory"...meaning she does this when she feels bored.  How old did you say your daughter is now.  Particularly if she can stop it when asked.  If it's interfering with school work, she may simply have a difficult time focusing on the school work because it bores her (as it does many children).  She either could have ADHD or possibly the work is "beneath" her.  Either way, she may benefit from a psychological assessment.

Another possibility is that this is a motor tic of some sort.  That would be a neurological condition, being less under her direct control.  You'd need to see a physician about that.
i just want to let you know i had some of this same type of problem, when i was in school starting in kindergarten my teachers always complained to my mother that i was to much of a busy nody and couldnt sit still she suggessted my mother take me to see someone b/c she thought i had adhd but after talking to a professional it was determined that i was just bored with the school work b/c my mother had worked with me so much as a child that by the time i started school at age 4 i was already reading and had become bored with relearning evrything. hope this helps