Child Behavior Expert Forum
Development of the size of a young boy's penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My son just turned 11.  He is normal in every way.  He was circumzised shortly after he was born in the hospital.  I have never really checked this area, but he has always had normal check up with doctors who check for something down there in the penis area every time a boy has a physical.  I can't think of the name but the doctor always pushes down in that area.  Anyway lately he has come out of the shower and I noticed that the penis is not sticking out, you just see a little hole, like it is inside only.  I asked him to show me and he has to pull it out to see it and it is very, very little.  After a little shame and fear he showed me this strange looking black/blue vein that seems to have like a little bubble before the tip.  I guess it looks normal once he pulls it out of the skin, but shouldn't it be hanging out by itself?  In older men it always hang down, not inside.  

I just looked on the internet concerning this and have found that he may not have begun puberty and that the testicles should increase in size first.  is that correct.  I actually did not look at his testicles yet.  It is a little awkward for a mom to check this.  I am very scared at the moment though because this would be a very serious problem later for my son.  

Please help ease my concern.  Is it too small, can it grow later and still be little at ll.  Do some men have the penis in the skin even if circumsized.  He just turned 11 in August.

Please help.  Thank you.
Normally, circumcision, or the removal of the foreskin covering the end of the penis, results in the glans (glands) and the coronal groove behind it fully exposed. But sometimes such full exposure of the glans (glands) does not occur, and it's likely that this is what happened with your son. If so, it needn't pose any problem, but it's important for your son to take particular care when bathing so that he keeps this area clean and avoid infection, inflammation, etc. Be sure to speak with his doctor about your observation. It goes without saying that if there were a problem the doctor would have mentioned something to you, particularly if he's seen your son lately.

Yes, growth of the testicles precedes enlargement of the penis by about one year, in general. And it may well be that his pubertal development has not yet begun. On average, but it is only an average, boys commence puberty around age 11. But some start as young as 9 and some don't really show these changes until 13 or so, there's a range of normal.
hello my name is mark rice, i have a friend's son is 10 years old and she asked me if it normal that 10 years old have penis hair comes out also his arm too also his face really little bit but,my friend asked if i can find a book picture of age matches penis and development like 1 to 6 that siz,6 to 10 that size 10 to 15 that size something like so i can show my friend about it because she was shocked that he grows so fast... do u have answer that?
Some children, more often girls than boys, but boys also, do show signs of early puberty at the age of 10. So it is not by any means a rare phenomenon.
I am A eleven year old and I would just like to comment my penis is 6 inches at age 11 and I am 11 I have a big penis for my age your sons penis should be 3-4 inches regular  

try

try to right back
A related discussion, Penis length was started.
A related discussion, i have cline-felters was started.
A related discussion, penis size was started.
A related discussion, Important was started.
A related discussion, the development of my sons's penis was started.