Child Behavior Expert Forum
Dexadrine

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Dexadrine

My ex-wife has custody of our son.  He was placed on Ritalin quite a few yrs ago, without the consent of me. He is now 16, a sophomore in high school and is now on Dexadrine.  What can you tell me about this drug - is it safe, can it be addictive, are there side effects?  I am asking this forum, because my ex-wife refuses to speak to me about this matter, or any other matters.

Dexedrine is the brand name for dextroamphetamine, one of the stimulant medications employed in the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It is not addictive when it is used according to the guidelines issued by the prescribing clinician. Stimulant medications can be abused and are regulated by the government, so care must be taken to use them as directed. The most common side effects are appetite suppression and stomach upset (if taken on an empty stomach). Headache, motor tics and insomnia are less common side effects.
Good drug wbsite: www.rxlist.com
I HAVE A 6 YR OLD BOY THAT HAS ADHD, WE ACTUALLY SEE THE DOCTOR THIS AFTERNOON. I HAVE DEXADRINE ON THE LIST OF MED'S TO GIVE HIM. I AM CONCERNED IF THIS IS THE RIGHT MED TO GIVE HIM AND IF HE WILL GET A STOMACH ACHE?

ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE HELPFUL