Child Behavior Expert Forum
Does my 3 y/o have ADHD or am I losing it ?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My son Lucas is 3 and a half years old. Our other child Conner came in July and slowly little by little until about a month and a half ago Lucas started acting out. Mind you I'm now pregnant again and I'm almost 5 months right now. We are a military family and about 3 weeks ago we moved to Germany. But about a month after the baby was born my mother moved in our home and lives with us to help with the children and being overseas. Since moving to Germany he went from being almost potty trained to having accidents everyday in his "big boy underwear" he's even decided to instead of going in the potty to just pee his pants or pee on the bathroom floor. He has started to hit, kick, and bite everyone now. We've tried spanking him and it doesn't even phase him. We've tried taking his toys and he still acts out. We've tried taking his park time away from him and he doesn't care. We have to lock his bedroom door at night. Because he have had 2 incidents where he has gotten up in the middle of the night and left the apartment to go to the park. He has no fear of leaving without mommy or daddy with him. He purposely does things like throw his food on the floor when your looking to get a reaction out of us. Nap and bed time tend to be anywhere from an hour to a 3 hour fight. And meals unless he is really hungry have taken as long as 2 hours to get him to eat a basic meal like applesauce and peanut butter and jelly.  

I feel like I am at my wits end him and don't know what to do. He has a hard time pronouncing words and has all along. He was just starting to make full sentences until about 2 weeks ago and has now reverted back to baby talk. Instead of making out real words or even sentences it's either baby talk or whining and yelling.  
Tags: ADHD, 3 years old, toddler boys, Defiant, disobediant, losing it, help
To address the question in the title of your post: no, these are not symptoms of ADHD. He is displaying a serious level of regression due, most likely, to the degree to which his world has been turned upside down by the various changes in the family environment. He should be evaluated by a child psychiatrist asap. In addition, he should be enrolled in a pre-school program where he can be exposed to structure and routine that cannot be provided in the family setting.