Child Behavior Expert Forum
EEG Abnormal, but Development Seems to be Fine
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

EEG Abnormal, but Development Seems to be Fine

Our daughter who is about 9 mos old started displaying TICS like behavior a month ago (she was 8 mos old then). We thought they were seizures and were referred to a ped. neurologist. The neurologist looked at her and the videos and was almost certain that they weren't seizures and felt it may be due to GED (due to acid reflux). My daugter was on Zantac for 3 weeks and the symptoms have gone now. In the meanwhile my daugter's pediatrician wanted to rule out seizures and asked us to get an EEG done. EEG results is showing abnormalities from the vision part of the brain. However, there are no evident vision problems that we see. Also, our daughter's activities are just fine - no vision problems, no TICS like behavior, no seizure like symptoms, plays cheerfully, eats and sleeps well, crawls well, etc.

Can you please advice what could be wrong? Could the EEG results be a false +ve (my daugter was crying and sobbing throughout the EEG test)? If everything else is normal, can we ignore the EEG results but still keep an eye on our daughter's behavior? Could there be a tumor in the brain thats sending abnormal signals (as seen in the EEG)? If so can it be cured?

This is really causing anxiety for us and are hoping everything will be just fine.