Child Behavior Expert Forum
Early Puberty?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Early Puberty?

My 7 yr old daughter mentioned to me today that when she seen people kissing on TV her vagina "pounds".  It is normal for a 7 yr old to be sexually stimulated by visual cues?  I calmly told her that it is a normal feeling and I was very glad that she told me. I have not seen any other signs of puberty., ie, budding, pubic hair, etc.  Could this be a sign of early puberty?
This is perfectly normal. I would handle it in a casual, straightforward manner, indicating it's perfectly K.
My sister had told me the same thing. She is 9 and mentioned to me that she feels funny and her vagina pounds when she sees people kissing and hugging on t.v. It may sound weird but i have caught her a few times in her room acting this out with her friends - telling them its wrong to do such. Our parents are very open - which i think may just be the problem... she knows all the basics about the birds and the bees, and menstruation. but is this normal at so young? i don't necessarily agree with my parents methods but how else?