Child Behavior Community
Epilepsy Behavior Management

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Epilepsy Behavior Management

I am a kindergarten teacher and I have a student that has been diagnosed with epilepsy.  For the last 4 months I have been trying every trick in the book to help modify this child behavior.  My main concern is he continues to be aggressive to myself and other students, as well as laughs we he is in trouble, asks other students to do something they shouldn't to see them get in trouble and so on. I know that his parents are trying different meds to see what will work best, however, how much of the behaviors are from meds/epilepsy and how much comes from being a kid.  I have worked with all kinds of behaviors over the years (some even worse) however, I have never had a student not react to behavior management plan of some kind.
Any suggestions?