Child Behavior Expert Forum
Explaining parental abandonment to a 3 year old
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Explaining parental abandonment to a 3 year old

Hi My whanai daughter left 2 weeks ago and without her 3 year old son.  I understand that someone (father of her son) has intimidated her and she is very scare of him.  She has rang and communicated this.  She has said she is not coming back and that her son will be sad for a little while and then will get over it.  I do not believe this especially if 3 year old doesn't get good professional help.  I want some advice as to help him, how to answer his questions, where is mama, when is she coming home.  I want to go to mama house. 3 year old is living with same environment, with aunty, nana and cousins.  In same routine, playgroup etc.  Thanks
242606_tn?1243786248
A three-year-old will not be able to understand the disappearance of his mother. All you can do is be truthful - you do not know where she is. You are correct about the importance of maintaining as much of the usual routine as possible.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank