FEAR OF HAND DRYERS
My 3 yr old son has had an obsession with hand dryers for months and, when out in public, he wanted to go to public toilets about 4 times every hour.  However, in recent weeks, the situation has completely reversed and he has developed a sudden fear of them and has a complete meltdown if we try to take him to the toilet.  As a result he has wet and soiled his pants in many occasions.  We are getting very anxious and appreciate any advice regarding possible causes and remedies.  Thanks.

This discussion is related to Fear issues with 4 year old son.
My son hates dryers, so we always have paper towels on hand and do not make him use a dryer....he also was not keen of a vacuum cleaner noise - but now he LOVES to vacuum......try not to get anxious - he probably feels it....This fear shoud subside - it took our little one about 6 month to get over his aversion to a public restroom.....

Good luck, it will pass:)