Child Behavior Community
Fear of bugs and noise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Fear of bugs and noise

I have a four year old daughter who is extremely afraid of any kind of insect, whether it's big or small. If a bug is near her, she screams and panics. She is also afraid of loud noise, for ex.I can't vacuum, blow dry my hair, make eggs, anything that makes any type of loud noise or even when we grill, she is hiding. When in the pool, she is afraid of leaves that fall in the pool and bugs that are in the water. I am not sure if this is a serious issue or if it's going to go away eventually.
-Worried mother.

This discussion is related to Fear issues with 4 year old son.
Has anyone else in the Famil;y not liked Bugs? or a Baby sitter or firends, very often this is a behavior that has been exhibited by another Family Member, and they copy,The noises some children dont like, when she does it do you reamark to her a lot about it,small children often do have little Phobias, play it down and see if you ignore the Behavior if it will lesson.couls she possibly do it to get a reaction.