Five year old a bully?
I believe my five year old is a bully, but I am not sure. She can be very mean to other kids at school and to her siblings at home. At times other children will come up to her and want to play with her and she tells them no, I don't like you, and walks away. She has even hit a child in class for saying something she did not like. At home she will get mad at her brother and sister and tell them she is not their sister anymore. A few times I have seen her hurt them and not care that they are upset. She thinks they like it. I try and have her look at their face and ask her, do you think they are happy or sad? Most of the time she will say they look happy.

Any ideas on how to deal with this? Nothing seems to work.
There is a 5-year-old in my son's kindergarten class, she is really a loud kid and tells people things that are not correct in a bossy tone (example, "No, there is not going to be an assembly this morning!!!" when there is.  She is always in there asserting her view of reality, one would say, and it is usually to disagree with something a milder kid has said, and it is rarely correct but she doesn't seem bothered by that.).  She is also physically pushy and has hit other kids.  One of the other little boy's mother has actually begun to stay until class begins every day, just to be sure this girl doesn't hit her son.  The girl also hits her little brother when her mom comes to pick her up from class.  The mom seems overworked and somewhat ineffectual with her daughter.  Interestingly, this girl is the youngest in the class.  Her birthday is right before the cut-off date that would have had her wait a year to go to kindergarten.  A lot of the mothers wish she would have been kept out of kindy until the following year, when she would presumably be more mature.  If their theories are correct, she is stressed and tries to get past it by being overbearing, and possibly if she had not been pushed into school but had been allowed to wait, she would not be so stressed.  Is anything like this happening for your daughter?
Right now she is in pre-school and just turned 5 in March. I believe she is in an age appropriate class. As far as I know she is not picked on, but does the bossing around and telling others( even me) that they are wrong.  It does not happen often but once or twice we would be playing or watching a movie and she will look at me and tell me" I don't like you right now."  I just tell her that is ok, you don't have to like me. Then she would go to her room.  When her father and I divorced he got remarried 4 months later and moved an hour away. I only get to see her every other weekend, even though we have joint custody. I know all of this has affected her, but I am not sure how to help her.

She is a wonderful gift from God and I want to be able to help her figure things out and not be so mean to others.