Child Behavior Expert Forum
Foot Pain in 3 1/2 year old

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Foot Pain in 3 1/2 year old

Hi:

My son is 3 1/2 year old. Once in a month or two, he gets up in the night and complains that his foot is hurting usually one foot. Usually on that night, he will get up 3 times and cry as if it is hurting him too much. In the daytime, he is fine. The day incident occurs, he will normally complain of foot pain before sleeping. This has been going on for the last 6-8 months. He complains that pain is usually at the bottom of the foot and asks us to press his foot.

I would like to mention that my wife is 30 year old and has ankolysing spondylites in the hip.

Do you have any clue what this problem, he is experiencing ? My wife worries that he may also have ankolysing spondylites.

Please suggest what should we do ?

Thanks a lot

subhash
The focus of this Forum is on mental health and behavioral health issues, so I can't address your question in any particular sense. However, a reasonable intervention would be to consult a pediatric orthopedic specialist.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, foot pain was started.