Four year old cries over everything
My four year old son cries over everything. He won't even talk without crying. He gets so frustrated over the smallest things and goes into meltdown. He cries about getting up, about eating breakfast, getting dressed. It goes on all day. It has worn my nerves raw. I cant handle it, its so stressful. It is really getting in the way of being able to be close to him and the whole household is on edge.  Has anyone any idea what to do?  I have tried ignoring it, punishing it, reasoning with him, nothing works.
Is it possible that your son is highly sensitive?  There is an excellent book - "the highly sensitive child" by Elaine N. Aron which might be of help.  If you google the title of this book, you should get some information regarding this issue.  Hope this helps ....
I agree with jdtm that being highly sensitive is worth checking into.  The fact that he "cries over everything", worries me.  This sounds like more than the typical "attention getting" or "frustrated" type of thing.  I think something else may be going on and it might be worth getting professional help to check it out.
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I took an on line quiz and it doesnt seem to be a great fit for sensitive child. I am going to check the book out though. Interestingly he does not do this at preschool, apparently he is virtually angelic. I should also mention he is a triplet and the least pushy of the three, and is overshadowed quite a bit by his brothers.
my 3.5 year old son is doing the same thing i dont know what to do and i cant handle the crying anymore. can you help me?
Hi mindy,  you tacked your post onto the end of an old one and those can get missed.  I'd try to repost your own question and you will get more responses.

You don't give any details about your son.  What triggers his crying, what do you do about it, and what do you feel is at the root of it???  Add as much info as you can as that helps get a better picture of what is going on.