Child Behavior Expert Forum
Four year old poops on his self

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Four year old poops on his self

My four year old son has recently started pooping on his self.. When I ask him why he doesn't go to the bathroom he says that he can't but he will go to the bathroom to pee.. So I watched him the other day and he couldn't sit to poop he said it hurt but once he stood up he could do it but just a little... so should I take him to a doctor because he poops on his self at least five times a day *HELP!!!!!*
Yes, and in general it is best to seek evaluation than to ask yourself if you should. Do you see what I mean? There is no point wondering - call the doctor and ask. The behavior is typical of children who are constipated and may have impacted bowels and are fearful of the pain that may accompany a bowel movement.
Sounds like constipation, and it sounds like a good idea to let a doctor examine him.