Child Behavior Expert Forum
Fun things to do with a 4 year old boy

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Fun things to do with a 4 year old boy

My son just turned 4 and I am recently separated from my husband.  I would like to find some fun hobbies or out door activities.  He and I spend too much time indoors and would like to have   somthing new for us to do.  Any suggestions ....
You will have a wealth of opportunities, in part depending on where you live and the climate. But, in general, four-year-olds love playgrounds, particularly those with swings, jungle jims or some other form of climbing structure (be careful of the type of structure, safety provisions, etc.), slides. Going for walks in parks or on trails in the hills, going to ponds to feed ducks, flying kites, flying balsa wood airplanes, tricycle riding, are all attractive options for a child of four. If you live near the shore, building sand castles, collecting shells or simply walking along the shore in the low surf are fun things to do. If you live where there is snow, sledding is fun, but be very careful about the type of equipment - some invites head and neck injuries. Of course, when snow allows, building snowmen and other creations is great fum for a child of four. We could go on and on - you won't have trouble providing your son with hours of outdoor fun.