Child Behavior Expert Forum
Grand Child who at 5 years old still has bowel movenments in her pants

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My Grand daughter still poops her pants and then plays in it and smears it all over her bed, the walls and her arms and hands. It is so disgusting to me. It has to be a health issue to have her nails underneath covered in poop.
She will be 5 years old and we just can not figure out why she is doing and has been for over a year now. Doesnt say she has to go to the bathroom. She speaks very well and is very smart and will go to the potty if you take her there. When she is in her room by herself you think she is playing thats when she will poop her pants and put her hands in her pants and dig it out and smear it all over the place..Would really like some answers as to why she is doing this.
You did not mention any medical workups. Have there been any? This invites evaluation.
I am not a doctor however was wondering if there have been any recent changes?  Sine you mention it started in the last year.  Has there been a new baby? New home? New daycare? My child had just turned 6 when he started wetting his bed again.  Our doctor told us, we had a new child, moved away, got a new day care provider.  He said it was a lot of stress for a child to deal with.

I hope you can find an answer.