Child Behavior Community
Great News for my daughter with autism

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Great News for my daughter with autism

Just wanted to give a positive report on my daughter who is 3 1/2 with autism.  Today we had her IEP meeting for preschool.  She has been in an autism preschool since April, then in August she went to mainstreaming for 2 hours a day in a regular ed classroom.  AFter today's meeting the IEP team decided that she was ready to be in the regular ed mainstreaming class full-time!!!!  YEAH!.  WE are so thrilled.  Early intervention is key, but even if you don't get it, there is always work that can be done.  I would be more than happy to help out any new parents who are trying to figure out how to navigate this crazy disorder.
OOh,  goosebumps!  Great for you!   This is an unpredictable disorder,  you're right,  and great for sharing your success with other parents.  

: )
Thanks a bunch for replying!  You know, I could sure use some of your fiesty help on one ofthe other posts LOL.  I keep thinking, "I need someone strong like RockRose to back me up!"  Thanks again
Hey how is your daughter doing? I am dealing with similar issues. My son is 33 months old and is saying lots of words its just the way he is using the words we are concerned about. For example, if we say hi c.j he says hi cj right back instead of hi mommy. He talks a little robotic too it does not sound very natural so although we are happy he is talking to label and comment we are still concerned because he is not really communicating with us yet.
He is in S.T and OT twice a week right now. I want to put him in regular preschool until we find out if he will be eligible for school district school, because I feel like he needs kids his own age to use language correctly.
Anyways, any tips or ideas that worked with your child?
If you have any tips or ideas on what worked with your daughter. My son is 33 months and is still not able to have a simple conversation with us. He can answer some simple questions, but has difficulty with using and understanding language.
He is in S.T and OT twice a week.