Head trauma and bad behavior
At age 5 my son fell 10ft to a cement floor on his head and had a fractured skull and hospitalized for 4 days. Before leaving I insisted on one more CAT scan to confirm he is good to go home. My question is can an injury like this cause bad behavior a few years later? Bad behavior being disrespectful to my Motherly requests and reply with a smart mouth and bad attitude? Would it be wise to have another CAT scan? Also, how can I regain respect from my 7 year old before it's too late?
THank you.
I dont know if the injury can have long lasting effects on his behavior but first if you are concerned about that get a further evaluation of him. What about the Parent/child interaction here how do you cope with the bad behavior, what is the discipline guideline you adhere to,seems you are asking about a Cats Scan more than resolving any parenting issues.
I don't think that it has anything to do with his behavior, because even kids without a fractured skull can still smart mouth their mother. Even what seems to be the sweetest child in the world will have an attitude once in awhile. If you want to gain more respect from your child, I suggest you see a professional and ask for advice that can help discipline your son.

Still, I don't think the fractured skull has anything to do with this.