Child Behavior Community
Headbutting and Screaming two year old boy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My two year old son has headbutted in his crib since his was one year old when he can't get to sleep.  He also screams his head off when he is upset.  He can talk somewhat.  My pediatrician said the headbutting would stop when he found out how it hurts his head.  He is STILL headbutting in the crib.  It must not hurt bad enough.  Normally, when he screams, I say "stop screaming or you will have to go to your bed" and he stops.  He has been sick the last few days and when he is not sleeping, he is screaming at the top of his lungs.  I assume he is still feeling bad, but I can't get him to feel better and stop fussing and screaming.  I will not spank my child, but I don't allow him to scream in my face, either.  What can I do to make my little boy more comfortable and my life quieter?
Tags: headbutting, screaming, boys