Child Behavior Expert Forum
Help! My 15 month old will not sleep at all!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Help! My 15 month old will not sleep at all!

me and my husband ar eso sleep deprived  that we can't live a normal life. my 15 month old son refuses to sleep through the night! He only gets one, one hour nap a day and goes to bed reluctantly around 8pm after a bath. He is then up at least four more times that night. He acts wide awake and ready to play. If we put him in bed with us we are miserable. What is the answer, We are going crazy!!
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
Dear Amanda,

What I am about to say mat not be very satisfying. There are a few youngsters who display neurologically-based sleep problems, but such children are few and far between. But, to rule out that there is anything medically going on, you should (if you haven't already) have your son seen by his pediatrician.

It is more than likely that he is healthy, and that his sleep pattern is disturbed because he has learned some habits which have become a problem. In part, I say this because you mentioned that you bring him into your bed. This is one sign that you may be contributing to the problem, even though, of course, you don't intentionally do this.

Have you read Richard Ferber's Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems? If not, please do. It is a treasure for parents who are faced with the situation you are facing. If you follow the prescribed regimen, your son will sleep according to a more normal pattern.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank