I was hoping someone can help me where to look for symptoms or what could it be
for my son who is 5 and a half year old and not able to hold any
conversation. Also, what specialist could he be seeing at this moment of his
age to find out whats going on with him..
Thank you so much for your help...
Following I as a parent observed.
1. His hearing have no problems. Not in medication. Healthy. Not afraid of water. Likes kids. Happy. No traumatic events of any kind. Does not dislikes hugs, kisses and any affection from parents. Potty trained and can pee on his own. He seems to have a problem on letters M, N , L. Overall his health is outstanding.
2. If asked follow my finger left/ right , up and down, he seems his eye
movements have a delay following the placed finger in front of him .
3. Seems to forget what word he just learned a few minutes ago when I return
him to read a basic word.
4. If I ask him to describe me for example a book, he cant seem to find a word
to describe it.
5. he knows his alphabet sounds but seems having difficulty putting a 4 letter
word example "HELP" or even 2 word , example "SO" together.
6. he seems to knows and totally obeys everything we say and instruct him to
What symptom or problem could this be? Please help, thank you...
At the very least he should undergo a Speech/Language evaluation. A speech/language pathologist is the person who should conduct such an evaluation. You can likely requestthis through the school system. An alternative would be to arrange it through a referral from his medical providers.
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.