Child Behavior Expert Forum
Hiding things
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hiding things

My friends cousin is five years old. She has a strange habit of hiding things that she knows are important, (glasses, television remote, phones, keys, ect.) and then refusing to reveal the hiding place. Oftentimes she claims that she didn't hide them to begin with. We have tried positive reinforcement by turning the hiding into a game and offering prizes for the person who finds it, but that doesn't seem to work. Threats of punishment do not seem to work either. I was wondering what caused her to do these things and how i might be able to handle it. I am not sure if it is just a behavioral problem or a disorder of some sort, but any revelation would be much appreciated...