Child Behavior Community
How do I disipline my 11m old that hits me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I'm sure you have already answered this question a million and a half times, but my 11m old daughter hits me a lot. It often hurts, and it seems that she displays this aggresion (aggression) just towards myself. This has been going on for about a month now. At first I tried smacking her on the hand fairly hard, and telling her "NO" firmly, but she actually would just laugh at me! I have tried acting sad and telling her it hurts, but that doesn't work either. I am desperate to get this problem under control before it turns into a bigger problem. How exactly do you disipline an 11m old when they don't really have a concept of cause and effect? Thank you for your help!
Tags: hitting, 11 month old, disipline, Infant
Your daughter is copying the behavior you do to her, all hitting is a learned behavior, if you stop it ,she will,.it comes from you,