Child Behavior Expert Forum
How do I get my 4 year old daughter to stop wetting the bed at night?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Hi I have a 4 year old daughter that is fully toilet trained during the day but still pees almost every night
What am I doing wrong I have tried a few thing but none of them work
I need some more ideas to try and would like to know what is causing her to continue to pee at night?
Also how am I suppose to react when she does pee at night  
thanks
She is not fully awake when this is happening. It's not something that she is doing deliberately or that she can control. That's why I'm telling you that there really is nothing for you to do about this. You accept it and manage it the best you can.

Re: the bedtime issue, she should be in bed by 7:00 or 7:30.
There really is nothing you can do to prevent this. Approximately 10% (or even more) of children this age are enuretic at night. It has nothing to do with toilet training. You should respond with patience and understanding, and do not communicate to your daughter that there is anything 'wrong' with her because there isn't anything wrong with her. Do not wake her up during the night to use the bathroom - it would not help. All you can really do is limit her fluid intake to about one hour prior to bedtime, but even that will likely not make much of a difference. Over time she will be dry at night without your doing anything. There is medication that can be employed at a later age, but generally such medicine is not used withg children who are as young as your daughter.
Hi again I was just wondering if when I had her potty trained during the day and then someone
would get upset if she peed at night would that make her just sit there in the early morning and pee herself when she has a potty in the room with her. If that is not what is causing her to just sit there sometimes in the morning and pee what is and is there a way to stop it
thanks
Hi I was just wonder what is the average time you should put a 4 year old to bed
thank you
Whatever you do, do not get angry with her when she wets the bed. She can't help it.