Child Behavior Expert Forum
How to get my child to stop throwing fits

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My five year old daughter keeps throwing fits and she does not remember them after they are done. When she does this her neck swells. She get very angry. She also tries to hurt me. When I ask her why she hurts me she said mommy I did not hurt you. I show her the marks and she does not remember putting them there. I want to know could there be something physically wrong with her or is this just an attention problem. My husband and  I do everything with her and we give her everything she needs and wants. We are very active in her life. I am a stay at home mother and my husband is unemployed at this time. I have not had her to see her doctor over this but it has been happening for over one year. At first I thought it was just some phase but she is now getting violent. The violence has just started in the last month. I have been looking all over for help. My daughter's biological father is not in her life at all times and he now wants my husband to adopt her. When he told her this information is when she started hurting me. She does not hurt anyone but myself. Please help me and give me the information to help my five year old daughter. Thank you, KCCosner
The nature of your daughter's problems is likely not related to physical problems, and also not likely related to the matter of attention. Given the corrlation between her problematic behavior and the family circumstance you describe, it would be wise to arrange an evaluation with a pediatric mental health clinician. Such a person can help you figure out if there is any direct link between the behavior and the family situation, and also help you figure out how to manage the behavior itself.