Child Behavior Community
INAPPROPRIATE TOUCH BY A CLASSMATE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

INAPPROPRIATE TOUCH BY A CLASSMATE

i have 4 year old girl/boy twins they go to preschool my daughter told me yesterday that a classmate pulled her pants and panties down (we don't call them panties we call them underwear) and touched her pee pee and the teacher said pull her pants back up and go sit down and when i asked the teachers they said they are unaware of it but both of the kids told me the same thing when asked in seperate room i do not think my kids made it up. what should i do?
Hi and welcome. I would definitly go back to the teacher and ask the teacher to talk to the boys parents about this. The little boy has to be taught that this in not appropiate behavior. I believe it happened as children that age, i dont believe, know much about touching pee pees.
it was a little girl that touched my daughter
it was a little girl touching my daughter and the teachers say that they are unaware of what happened
Hi there.  Well, this is a problem with supervision at the school.  Classes in preschool are small for a reason.  It's usually 2 teachers to no more than 14 or 15 kids.  

do both kids say that the teacher saw and said to pull her pants up?  

I would set up a meeting with the director of the preschool and the teachers.  Kids at that age do many wacky things and yes, sometimes they show privates and such.   But the teachers need to supervise as well as keep their eye on this little girl looking for signs of anything else going on with her.  

I'd downplay the event with your daughter telling her that no one should touch your pants, underwear or private area and leave it at that.  

But do meet with the preschool director to get a better understanding of this situation letting them know that TWO kids tell the same story and at 4, it's not like they come up with a story together to convince mom of something.  good luck
I agree with the others - but have to ask - is there anyone else who has told this story besides your daughter?  

This kind of doesn't add up,  in my opinion.  For a teacher to tell a 4 year old to pull her pants back up,  and then deny to the mother when asked if her daughter had her pants off that day - why would she lie?  It's also hard to believe the teacher would forget it.  So you've got either a teacher lying,  or forgetting a very memorable event.

Best wishes -
I'm sorry,  I missed that both of your kids said the same thing.

It's still a little baffling that the teacher either forgot,  or lied.