Improper Imperforate Anus Check
During a routine exam for a four or five year old, are there any reasons for a pediatrician to perform an imperforate anus check?
Hello.  Probably not.  Our pediatrician does look at the private parts on our boys to check the testicles but it takes literally a second and it is done.  But nothing invasive or anal related.  good luck
It maybe that they have new guidelines on checking for abuse of any sort, maybe you should ask him what it was done for ..
I uncovered a repressed memory of this happening to me at that age. My mom who is a general practitioner remembers it, but said it made her uncomfortable at the time and she did not know why it should be called for at that age.
I was hoping a pediatrician might chime in with any insights, as it still puzzles me to this day.
sounds like the doctor is excessively examining or treating patients, is incompetent, or is a pervert. perhaps all 3.

i would recommend trying a different doctor, and perhaps talking to a lawyer.