Child Behavior Community
Inappropriate touching by a 5-yr old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Inappropriate touching by a 5-yr old

We have had 2 known inappropriate episodes with our next door neighbor boy who is now 5/in kindergarten with my daughter who just turned 5/preschool.  The first episode was 9 months ago and he had told my daughter to pull down her pants and he then took digital photos with my older son's camera.  We found the pictures and confronted both and she said he told her to do that; she complied; I think they thought it was funny.  Today (9 months later), my husband witnessed the boy huddled with my daughter and when asked what they were talking about, she started to speak and he covered her mouth and said "Don't say anything!".   My husband pursued it and my daughter told him the boy wanted to "lick her crotch and boob."  We approached the parents both times, but they are very liberal, non-disciplinarians and 1 minute later the boy is back outside playing like nothing happened.  I am worried, however, that this will only continue and get more serious.  I've had the discussion of inappropriate touching with my daughter, but do not know what to do next.  I'm confused and fear for my daughter's innocence and safety.  Please advise!
I would forbid my daughter to see this boy any longer.  It sounds like he has been exposed to some very inappropriate things.  I would feel bad for the boy, but not enough to risk my daughter.  If you think the parents are guilty of exposing their son, you can call CPS, and they will do an investigation.  I would be sure to explain to my daughter that no one (except a doctor or a parent when she needs help) is allowed to touch her private places, and she needs to let you know if anyone ever tries anything like that again.
Good luck and God Bless
The post above is dead on right. You can't let your child play with this child any longer, and you can tell your child why, and that child's parents why.

Its one thing to experiment as a child and think nothing is wrong.Its another thing to do things like this and have a child say "Don't say anything." The child is afraid of getting caught and knows what he is doing is a problem.  His words are dangerous too. And the photograph thing? I have to tell you, I would find it very hard to believe if this child was not exposed to something really wrong. I would call CPS right now.
Same here .Call CPS .The kid is probably being abused himself or allowed to watch the parent's adult videos or something.
hi...My 5 yr old daughter was complaining of discomfort in her private area. So as a mother I taken a look to see if everything was o.k. Because as an infant her hole would close up. When I lay her on the floor I saw a large dark area and it was very red. It was a friday and she has been home for 4 hours from school. I ask her why she was red down there and has any one been touching her privates.She said yes on the school bus. A neighbor little girl who is 8 who ride the bus with her. She would ball up her fist and hit her private area and un bottton her pants and put her hands in her pants.I did talk to her mother about this.
Then later on in the day she said to me she would lick her finger.
All my child life I have told her to tell me if someone touch her to let me know................What should I do now... should i let the school know. please advise!!!!
about what the 8 yr old has been doing to my daughter