Inappropriate touching
My 4 yr old nephew told his nana that when him and my daughter were watchin a tv show together that my 7 yr old daughter pulled up her shirt and told my nephew to kiss her boobs, her belly and then her butt. When I asked her about this she said it didn't happen. I asked if either of them had touched each other's private parts or if any "kissing" had happened. She told me no she didn't do it and that she didn't want to ever talk about it. I am concerned with this as I feel she is not telling me what happened. I assured her she nor my nephew would get in trouble over it and she again said she did not want to talk about it. I don't want to be pressing so I stopped, but where should i go now with it? Should I take her to a professional? Or just check out some local books and videos from the library and make sure she is well educated in this department of inappropriate touching and kissing?
My concern would be if she infact initiated this with her cousin where did she get the idea. I was a victum of child abuse at the age of ten. I know that often if a child is exploring things like that, especially with a younger child who they would have more control over, that there is a possibility that someone may be doing something similar to them.  It could explain why she was so defensive about it too. On the other hand, she could just be currious and feel uncomfortable admitting to doing something that she might feel she'll get in trouble for.  Either way I think that you may have to revisit this with her. Let her know how much you love her, and that nothing she has done or could do could make you ever stop loving her. Maybe try talking to her about inapropriate touching in general and then ask if anyone has ever tried to do anything like that with her. I know it is a touchy subject and really uncomfortable for both of you but if there is a chance that someone could be hurting your little girl then I think an uncomfortable conversation would be worth enduring. At the very least it will open the doors of communication for later if anything ever does come up that she may want to talk to you about.
I really hope that I'm way off based here and that it was just curriousity.