Is excessive blinking in toddlers a worry or not?
My 2 year old son has started blinking with both eyes excessively. He did this about 3 months ago and it lasted about 2 weeks. I took him to his pediatric Dr. and was given saline drops to use and was told that it is nothing to worry about. Well, it is happening again and I'm not sure what to do. Within a minute he may blink anywhere from 15 to 25 times. I have counted. It has got to be miserable for him I'm sure. Any suggestions or ideas?

This discussion is related to 2 1/2 year old eye blinking.
Have you had him at the Optometrist? They have a special way of checking there vision even at this young age. He may be straining his eyes therefore his eyes are getting tired and blinking for relief. My son does this so I do have to put in the saline drops but he also has glasses. Good Luck.
He may have blepharospasm. I have that myself and it is very annoying and very uncomfortable. I have had it my whole life. When you go to the doctor, mention blepharospasm.
did he receive H1N1 vaccination before these symptoms? my toddler has the same symptoms ever since he took the vaccination
This is an old post, H1N1 hence the vaccine wasn't even out yet.