Child Behavior Expert Forum
Is fourteen too young to start masturbation? Help?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Hi, I'm fourteen, and I'm a girl. I've masturbated a few times, but after I feel guilty. I don't want to stop though, it feels good. Should I feel guilty? Am I too young to start this? Should I stop? Help? :)
Masturbation at the age of fourteen is entirely normal.  Guilt is a human reaction to having done something wrong. But it is out of place when a person has not done anything wrong. What you are doing is absolutely normal. Now, I respect that people may have religious beliefs that disallow masturbation, and if that is the case it is a personal matter. But from a child development and menatl health point of view, what you are doing is fine.