Is it normal for a child flip out when he sees a bugs.
bip
I have a 4 year old son he starts flipping out when he sees any type of bug. I tell him it's ok they will not hurt you. Is this normal for a child to do? Any advise...
Perfectly normal.  Don't make a big deal out of it and it will pass.
bip
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure cause he will see a bug and flip out  my older son never did that.  How are you feeling? Everytime I read your post on the realationship forum I just laugh cause your honest about everything.
i agree... it's very normal for that age. working with young children, i see many children in each class that respond that way. luckily, you may be able to help him! every spring we study and learn about bugs. by then end of our unit, many of the parents report to me that their kids now seek out and explore bugs in their backyard. kids are afraid of things they don't understand. we learn about insect anatomy, the difference between a "bug" and a true insect, how bugs are beneficial, where they live, what they eat, adaptations for survival, etc... we also learn which bugs can hurt us, and which are harmless. the library has tons of info, books stores carry books about teaching young children about insects, and a local museum or nature center may have a lot to offer. cheapest way of all- turn your backyard into a classroom!
note- the idea of death and killing always comes up since many children see their parents kill bugs. in our class, i tell the children that when we are outside, we are in the bug's home, and should not kill them. i tell them when they find bugs inside, it's up to them and their families to decide together what to do with it. i explain that some families kill bugs found in their homes, while others take them outside and release them.
Yes, it's normal.  I still freak out when I see bugs!!!!  lol  Seriously, if you are concerned, maybe you can slowly get your son more used to seeing them, and explain that they won't hurt him, or to stay away from the ones that might hurt him, like bees.  You can teach him about the bugs he sees.  Like ants make ant hills, and lady bugs love flowers, and bees go from flower to flower... watch them go!  He will eventually forget his fears and become very interested in the way they move around and seem to know where to go.  
bip
That is a great idea Ill try that.
I'm feeling okay, still vomiting now and then, but it is only 10 more weeks.

By the way, my son was terrified of puppets for the longest time.  He eventually got over it.