Child Behavior Community
Is it "normal" for my 5 year old son to want to show his priv...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Is it "normal" for my 5 year old son to want to show his private parts?

I caught my 5 year old son pulling his pants down in his 10 month old baby sisters face while she was in her walker.  I became very upset and immediately stopped him.  I did have a long and serious talk with him but I am not sure if this is normal behavior?  Should I be worried about something more serious happening here or what?  Please help!  This really bothered me and these days you never know.  

It is normal for a 5 year old to want to experiment and explore and has no concept of what he is doing, only that he might be proud of what he has or he just wants some one else to touch. In any case it is a no no with another child. But he shouldn't be made to feel ashamed of himsself. His penis is a private thing and should be kept to himself.