Child Behavior Expert Forum
Is it ok for such young boys to be experimenting with oral sex
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is it ok for such young boys to be experimenting with oral sex

My 4 year old son had his friend sleeping over tonight , 5 years. These boys have been friends for years and have sleepovers occasionally since they were very little. Tonight I walked in to check on them in the shower and I was horrified to see my sons friend down on his knees with my sons genitals in his mouth. The boy had an erection, my son did not. I immediately freaked out and ordered them out of the shower and got them dry. I phoned the boys parents and asked that they come pick up their son and explained what happened. They seemed to think the boys were just playing around.. I can understand kissing or even fiddling with each others bits but I feel this was crossing the line. I spoke to each of the boys individually and they both seemed to know what they did was inappropriate. They both suggested it was the others idea, and im not laying any blame but should i be worried? my son has never done anything like this before, i feel as though he has been violated.. is this a usual thing for little boys to do to each other? i come from a family of girls so really not sure but feel this is quite full on for such young boys..
242606_tn?1243786248
No, this is not normal behavior. Children do not do this spontaneously. And do not be sure there haven't been other occurrences. As you noted, there have been other sleepovers. Just as an aside, these boys are very young to have had sleepovers (except in cases when one family might be taking care of another child whose parents are away). This situation invites more investigation by you and the other boy's parents.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
8 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank