Child Behavior Community
Is sexual intercourse possible at 8 years for a girl?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I and my cousing are like best friends from my childhood and we never hide any secrets from each other.But, recently she told me somethiing, that made me sick and I am facing trauma.
My cousin , 18 years old recently discovered what is sex after watching some porn videos with some of her friends.That brought back some memories of her childhood to her and ,she started crying a lot and she told me that she realised that she was sexually abused in her childhood.

There was this guy in her neighbourhood ,13 years old who used to take her to a room on their terrace and lift her gown ,undress her, wear a condom and do something.He called it tingling game.She told that she felt pain as well as tingling sensation.He told her that is their little secret game and she should not tell that to anybody.She told that it happened for 3 years.I was almost fainted and I did not know wat to say or so.I told her mom first ,and she had a talk with this girl.

This girl stopped talking to me saying that ,you broke my trust and you told me mother about this.I said its for your own good ,and things like this should be shared with mothers first.

I asked her one question "why did you go with that guy for three years continously" ,to which she said ,I dont know.I asked her that question many times, but later one counsellor friend of mine told me not to ask questions like these ,which will make her remember things more.

My question for you all is , because she said she felt both tingling sensation and pain, Is sexual insertion possible for a 8 years old girl ,I mean, Do you think it happened, or could it have been more of "that guy masturbating her and leaving it there" . I think even I need a counsellor now ,I am actually shocked to know that sexual abuse for somebody can happen around me  ,to my loved ones too.
Do you tink I made a right thing by telling her mom and I want to know if something could have happened and what should I say to her ,if she ever talks to me about this again
You did the right thing, this was very wrong of the adult involved and your cousin is going to need therapy to get over this.  Girls 8 and under are penetrated sexually, and why she went with this man is probably a puzzle to her as well.  He may have threatened her, or she may have been raised to always respect adults, and felt she had no choice.  Why she did anything is not important, what was done to her is, SHE is the victim.  I hope her mother is getting her help, because she will go thru life feeling,  she did something wrong, and it can affect her in many adverse ways throughout her life.  You need to talk with her and let her know she did nothing wrong, that this man is evil and he was wrong.  Let her know that you told her mother because you care about her. Her mother needed to know, but her mother also needs to speak with a child psychologist as to how to handle it and get her help with this.  There are so many adults suffering emotionally from sexual abuse as a child, crippling them emotionally.  Her mother needs to take the necessary steps to make sure her daughter doesn't have to go thru more suffering than she is right now and has. Just let your cousin know that you love her, and that she did nothing wrong, because when this happens to a child they feel it was their fault and live with a lot of guilt.  If her mother in unsure about what to do, ask her to post a question in the Anxiety or Depression Forums and she will read of the torture many are suffering as a result of what happened to her daughter.  You did right, and stand by her, she will get over being angry at you.  Take care...