Child Behavior Expert Forum
Is this normal adolescent behavior?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Is this normal adolescent behavior?

My 14 year old son is a freshman in high school and is not doing as well academically as in the past. A friend of mine told me he asked her 4 year old son to tough his penis. After my friend left, I asked him and he said yes he did it 2 times (within a 3 week period). He feels very bad and doesn't know why he did it. All my readings suggest this is not normal adolescent behavior. What should I do?

I also read that children who do this most often have had this done to them. Is this true?

You are correct - this is not normal adolescent behavior.You should arrange an evaluation with a mental health clinician who specializes in the treatment of adolescents. If someone is sexually mistreated it does increase the chance that they will mistreat others. But by no means is it a sure thing that your son was mistreated. Ask him about this and about how he had the idea to tell the little boy to touch his penis.