Child Behavior Community
Kid sleeping in the bed with naked grandfather.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My girlfriend is fighting for custody for her kids, my girlfriend and I are lesbians and her grandparents don't like it so they told the judge all types of lies.  Anyways my girlfriend told me that her grandfather that has custody of her 5 year old sleeps in the bed with her 5 year old girl while he's naked.  I told my girlfriend that he is sick and that's weird.  I need help on convincing her why that's insane and weird. Any advice
I have no issue with co sleeping, but as a co sleeping parent, I can tell you that my husband and I do not sleep naked with our almost 3 year old.  I would find it inappropriate for any adult to sleep naked with their child, and would think the adult would be uncomfortable with it.  I'm not opposed to a child seeing a parent nude...my son see's my husband and I in the shower and in the bathroom, but cannot understand why any adult would want to sleep nude with a child.  That is typically an intimate thing to do, not something a parent does with a child. This is my opinion, and perhaps someone else will think it normal.  

I am wondering where you and your girlfriend are at with the custody issue.  I often work closely with child and family services in my city, and it would have to be pretty serious allegations for a child to be removed from a parents custody.  I don't know what was said, but I can tell you that trying to regain custody by using counter allegations is not usually the best route to go.  True or not, it is often assumed that it is due to anger and lashing out, and not always taken seriously.  The best thing your girlfriend can do is what the courts ask of her - usually this involves parenting classes, drug testing or whatever the case depending on why the child was removed in the first place.  Even if the allegations against her were untrue, it is still best to co operate as the ultimate goal is to get the child back.  But accusing her parents (again, even if it is true) is often not taken seriously, and usually unsuccessful.  As for your relationship, the fact that you are lesbians shouldn't impact anything.  I know many in this world still have issues with that, but legally it shouldn't have any impact on anything.  I wish you both luck.