Lazy Eater
My 8 yaer old son is a very slow eater, he was diagnosed as a lazy eater when he was a toddler.  He can take up to an hour or longer to finish his meal.  We have tried verbal cues, smaller portions, fun activities for him if he can be done within  a reasonalble amount of time (30min),  Nothing seems to help.  I do feel he is trying but can't seem to make it happen.  Doea anyone have any suggestion?
Send him to my house,  my husband takes longer than that.  I don't understand it,  but I've grown to accept it,  and it actually embarrasses him when we're out in a gathering.  Even so,  he can't eat faster.   With extended family,  or at a banquet of some kind,  he's still eating LONG after every single other person is finished.    We weren't able to out to eat as a family when my kids were small because there is no way children can be kept occupied at a table for like,  an hour and a half while he eats this plate of food.  At home,  he reheats his plate in the microwave half way through dinner because it's grown stone cold while he's still eating.

Last weekend,  I was on a Rugby weekend with my son's team,  and we stopped at McDonalds on the road.   This one boy took forever,   it was over 45 minutes,  to eat a big mac and fries.  The other boys had resorted to playing toss in the parking lot,  etc., this boy was still eating.  I was trying to be gracious and they were too,  it's okay,  keep eating we can wait,  and then finally enough was enough.  He still had his whole package of fries to go and I told him to pack it and he could eat them in the car,  that was fine.

I guess what I'm saying is,  there are other people like him,  and I don't think you can hurry him,  nothing works.  

Best wishes.   This was really cathartic to be able to vent.  ;D