Child Behavior Community
Losing concentration in school for several years?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I started losing concentration in school work in the last year of high school, and this continued into college. I'm now in second year of college and recently failed a class because I'm unable to concentrate. I have no past medical conditions, but I feel this may be one. Is this normal, given that I've been like this for nearly three years?
Having difficulty with concentration in school can be one of the symptoms of anxiety.  Could this be a possiblity?  Just wondering ....
   Good point by jdtm.  If it was something like ADD, you would have noticed it much earlier.   I guess the other question would be if this effects you in all classes or only those at a certain time of the day (or only really boring classes?)?