CHILD BEHAVIOR
COMMUNITY
Masterbating More then once a day at age 11
by gamer_parent, Oct 16, 2008
my son has been in his room more often scince i got him a laptop. That was when he was ten now i have security cams in every room expect the bathrooms(because i'm not a prev). As i am a gamming parent i don't pay much atenion to my child's ativities,though i still play games like uno and stuff,ride bikes,help with homework,and play with rc cars. But around 10:30pm as i was gaming i saw something on my secruity monter for his room it looked unusal (I AM SAYING I SPY ON MY FAIMLY THE SYSTEM IS TO SEE IF ANY ONE GETS INSIDE OUR HOUSE). Also, these cams are in the wall. So i zoomed in ...... and i saw a penis......I havn't said anything to my son. Because i don't want him to go emo or have issues.....i've notcied that he does it when i'm not home or inside.Though i am scared that he could be .... i don't know...like waning to have sex badly ....... because he told me about this really hot girl he has to do  project with so she's over from time to time.....and i've noticed he has been doing better in school.....i also checked his computer for anything by using our server links......he's been looking up porn and stuff......SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
Member Comments (29)
by ticked, Oct 16, 2008
This is completely normal behaviour for his age, I am not so sure I agree with yours and having cameras into his room.  Your not respecting his privacy. That is what little boys do and that is when they do it the most.  Do you live in an unsafe area to have all those security cameras in your house? Why do you have them in everyroom?

anyways i would just leave it and let him do his thing, at least he is doing it in his room so no one can see him and not in places where people can see him.

You say anything to him either because than you lose the trust and respect of your son. Have you had sex talks with your son?  That is where you need to start.

I am going to be straight with you, you need to ditch the cameras and stop worry about your son, I am sorry if that sounds rude but in my opinion what sounds more creepier is the cameras all over your house.  I wouldnt want to live there knowing could be watching me at any time.  
by April2, Oct 17, 2008
This is normal behavior? Maybe the masturbation as long as it's not getting out of control or compulsive to the point that he isn't doing much of anything else.
The porn has to go, though. First off, he's not even old enough to be looking at that stuff, so it's illegal. Secondly, it's very unhealthy for him (especially at such a vulnerable age) to be looking at this stuff. It's going to give him a warped view of what sex is supposed to be which could cause problems later on down the line when he's trying to have a healthy relationship with a girl. And let me tell you something, most girls (and women) don't like guys who are into porn. It exploits women among other things.
You act like your helpless. Your not. This is a minor child, your child. You have the rights to set down rules and expect them to be followed, He has abused his computer rights so you should take away the computer until he can learn to use it responsibly. For one thing, I think 11 is way too young to have a laptop computer. They just aren't ready for such a big responsibility. The computer needs to be in a common area of the house where everyone can see it. This cuts down the temptation to abuse it and look at and participate in things that are unhealthy. Don't forget, most things done in the dark are done in the dark for a reason. The person knows it's wrong or forbidden. I always tell me kids that if you're doing something you know is wrong or wouldn't want your parents to find out, then you shouldn't be doing it.
I think you need to set some rules in your home, now while he's still young, before he gets out of control or starts going down that wrong path. I would nip this one in the bud. I hope you take what I say seriously. I've seen porn destroy too many families.
by BabyHardiman, Oct 17, 2008
It is not normal behavior for a child this age to LOOK at porn.  I do not know the age at which boys begin to masturbate, so I cannot say that 11 is too young.  However, like April said, looking at porn at such a young age can warp his mind, and effect his views on women for the rest of his life.  I agree that he is too young to have a computer in his room as well, the computer should be in a common area of the home.  This will solve your problem on the surface.  But, I urge you to talk to a child therapist to try to understand what effect the porn exposure may have caused your son.  He may have an addiction at this point.  He will need the help.    

Can I ask how you know when he does this?  You said you noticed he does it when you are not home, or inside, so I am guessing you are recording, and watching.  Though he is looking at porn, and you knew this already, he should have a right to his own privacy.  Does he know you are spying on him?  
by ticked, Oct 17, 2008
Forgive me for saying it was normal.  I meant normal to masterbate at that age and that much (i was going by your topic)  I really didnt see the porn issue that was written.  That is not normal. Curious for that age, but not normal if he is doing it all the time, while watching porn.  The computer shouldnt be in his room period, especually at that age.  To me the fact that you have all these cameras and you have the ability to spy on them is completely wrong and an invasion of privacy. i totally disagree with that.  Have you had a sex talk with him?  Talk to him about, infact get your husband to talk to him about that topic.  
by imanaddict, Oct 17, 2008
Put a block on the porn sites ASAP! I agree with the others, he does NOT need to be watching porn at such a young age. Children his age do not need to see that stuff!! As for the masterbation, there is no "right" age that they begin materbating. It comes very early in some and never for others. He's naturally curious, and has probably hit puberty, or is about to, so it is normal.

I also agree with the other posters talking about the cameras. Luckily your son doesn't know that you have seen him because it could really scar him. I'm surprised he does it in his room and not in the bathroom knowing you could be watching (or does he know there's a camera in his room??). I understand security reasons, definitely, but you have to draw a line somewhere to protect his privacy. I wish you and your son luck!!
by margypops, Oct 18, 2008
Less computer, block on it, allow him about an hour  at most , get him involved in sports, he is in the house too much make him stay outside, involved with Ball games and having friends ,soccer and basket ball. Get him off the PC games. and into hobbies interests,  be good for you also, if there is a Dad around, how about he gets involved with sports, swimming , cycling and good old Fashioned Fun.using his body the way it was meant to be used and if he sometimes has time to relieve his raging hormones thats also okay and normal, no cameras, thats not normal.
by Toshiro_Rin, Oct 18, 2008
This IS very serious… (PLEASE FULLY READ)
Your son’s obviously been looking material he shouldn’t. Children viewing pornography is illegal—period.  Your son’s discovering more than he should at his age. Eventually, he’ll learn how to censor his computer history and etc… You can be turned in for something like this and lose your son for child abuse. The cameras aren’t helping your case either. Yes—it’s that serious. You’re the parent and are found responsible for whatever your son does. You’ll need to censor his computer. Nevertheless, youths can bypass the filter if it’s not properly set. Borrow his computer and look through everything and destroy files, pictures, and etc… that a child under eighteen shouldn’t view. Contact your local internet provider and request information on how to properly set your child filter. You can also block websites through your firewall (Norton) and password your internet firewall so he can’t disable it. This can grow from something innocent into something horrific. Your/his computer can be tracked then your information released through your internet provider to the local police, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Child Abuse Agencies, and etc… and then you’ll be prosecuted by a court of law. Your child will be taken and most likely go to the next of kin or foster care if you’re found guilty for whatever charges you’re accused of. Why? How? If your child suddenly chooses to continue his adventure and commit crimes the authorities would consider him a child ********* without knowing he’s truly the age he claims. Example: A child ********* apprehension group’s on a forum/chat room (etc…) and your son decides to communicate with inappropriate sexual language. For all they know he’s a ********* and WILL try to apprehend him. Which will lead to them coming to your home… thinking you or your husband’s (etc…) the pedophile… arrest you/your husband (or both of you)… they Might eventually learn the truth… then you’ll most likely be prosecuted for child abuse… and lose all your children. Sorry—FACT. Please consider your child doesn’t know any better. Sure—your son might know he’s not allowed to view pornography (etc…), but he/you don’t realize what comes attached with it. I’m not trying to scare you, but this is a very serious matter. Your son might try to experiment on others and etc… if caught… they’ll take him and put him into a detention center… then prosecute him according to his crimes unless found not guilty. I know—your son wouldn’t do that—right… what he’s looking at can cause him to do things he wouldn’t normally do… change his mindset… growing into more and more dangerous obsessions. Please censor his computer, talk with him, monitor his friends, and etc… He might view these things elsewhere and discuss it with his friends. I hope this helps you and others realize the seriousness concerning this matter.
Masturbating at that age is more than just "normal" if he wasn't doing it I'd be more concerned.  For the love of whatever deities you believe in (or logic, if you're an atheist) stop it with the cameras...that's just creepy.  You should tell him that he mustn't look at porn, because it could get you into legal trouble, but make sure that you give that as the reason, and don't try to make it be about whether it's "acceptable".  
If what you say is true, then most women would be either asexual or lesbian.  -All- guys look at pron, if you round it up to the nearest whole percent.  They just know how to bee subtle about it because for some reason it bothers women.