Child Behavior Expert Forum
Medications and breastefeeding
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Medications and breastefeeding

I am the mother of a one month old very healthy, weight gaining, baby boy. During pregnancy and during one month post partum breastfeeding I have taken Labetalol, Digoxin and Hydrocodone for various medical problems and there have been no ill effects during pregnancy or after birth to my son from these medications (i.e., no withdrawal after birth, no birth defects, healthy weight gain, etc.)
Now my doctors are now recommending that I start taking Zoloft and Ritalin. I am still breastfeeding and am very concerned as to what affect the additions of these medications might have. And if they are unsafe to take while nursing and I stop nursing to take them, will my son have affects from not nursing, considering what medications have probably already been in my breastmilk up until this point?
Thank you.
Heather Harris