Child Behavior Community
My 15 yr old son intentionally pees on floor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My 15 yr old son intentionally pees on the floor, sometimes a pile of dirty clothes, in his closet, blankets, carpet or even out the window. He still wets the bed. we've been to the Dr about 5 yrs ago and there isn't a medical reason for this. The smell doesn't seem to bother him. I have found old gatorade bottles and Mc D cups full of pee and hid in his night stand and closet. Instead of getting up and going to the bathroom he will pee on something in his room! About a month ago I started finding pee on the carpet in his little brother's room across the hall, and now I' m finding it again. Being grounded and having his cell phone taken away or making him clean the mess doesn't bother him. In fact most of the time he thinks it's funny. And the cleaning doesn't get rid of the smell. I'm embarrassed to even tell people what is going on and let people in the house because no matter how much I clean and mop and steam clean I can still smell it. And I feel like the failure because I am a nurse and can't fix this problem as a medically or by parenting. He only showers about once a week and that's even an argument. What is going on here?? He is the oldest of 6 children who don't exhibit any of these behaviors. Then when I'm constantly on him about these behaviors it's the poor pityful me and he says things like you hate me and wish I wasn't alive maybe I'd be better off dead or not around. He is abusive to his younger siblings and finds it hilarious to intimidate them and our poor little dog. He is 5'9" and weighs 220 lbs so even getting him to the psychologist and possibly medicating him for some kind of mental disorder is going to be a challenge. He has vowed not to go and will not take meds. I had him in to a counselor for anger management thinking that he could voice his feelings to someone on the outside but he quit going. It just all seems to be a big joke to him. And now I feel like I'm the one with the problem!
I do believe that he needs some counselling have you asked the school what they think, it would be a good idea to find out why he is behaving like this, you have to take control it is not good if he is allowed to abuse others and pets. If you cannot get him to visit a Doctor there are ways for a social service worker  to come to you ,you do need help seek it out in your area .